Staying on Top of Your Texas Home: Tips for new Homeowners
Keeping up with a new home in Texas can be a challenge, especially with the hot, humid climate and occasional severe weather! But with a few tips and tricks, you can stay on top of maintenance and ensure your home stays in tip-top shape. Here are some tips for keeping up with your new home in Texas:
- Stay on top of air conditioning maintenance: In Texas, air conditioning is essential for staying comfortable during the hot summer months. To ensure your AC system is working efficienly and effectively, schedule regular maintenance with a professional HVAC technician. Once a year or 1-2 times per year is recommended. This can help prevent breakdowns and ensure your AC is working when you need it most.
- Clean gutters regularly: North Texas is no stranger to heavy rain, which can quickly overwhelm clogged gutters and cause water damage to your home. To prevent this, clean your gutters regularly and consider installing gutter guards to prevent debris from building up.
- Protect your home from severe weather: Texas is also known for its occasional severe weather, including hurricanes, tornadoes, and hailstorms. To protect your new home from these hazards, make sure your roof is in good condition and, trim any overhanging branches.
- Stay on top of pest control: In DFW, pests like cockroaches, ants, and rodents can be a year-round problem. To prevent infestations, keep your home clean and free of food debris, seal any cracks or gaps around windows and doors, and consider hiring a professional pest control service for regular treatments.
- Maintain your landscaping: Texas is known for its beautiful landscapes, but they can quickly become overgrown and unkempt without proper maintenance. To keep your yard looking its best, mow the lawn regularly, trim bushes and trees, and water plants and trees extra during dry spells.